Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Purpose of this Blog

On May 19, 2014 I woke up and it felt like any other day.  Other than Corbin and I battling a cold everything in our little world was perfect.  We were just hanging out on the couch and at 9:30 am my phone rang.  I saw it was my daddy's phone number and with it being Monday I knew a to do list was waiting for me on the other end of phone, or at least that is what I expected.  Sadly I was wrong, it was my mom telling me that daddy had fallen and he was being taken to the hospital.  Now daddy had fallen recently but he refused to go to the hospital, mom bandaged him up and back to work he went, so I knew it was serious if he was already heading to the hospital.  I threw on our clothes and took off out the door just Corbin and I since Chris was working.  When I got to the hospital the chaplain meet me at the door and I felt like the air had been knocked out of me.  I knew it was bad.  We couldn't see him nor did we have any information.  What seemed like hours passed but I'm sure it was only a few minutes a group of doctors came in and told us that it was bad and he didn't make it.  My world came crashing down.  The first man I loved, the one who spoiled me, loved me with no conditions was gone.  In the blink of an eye everything was upside down.  I wanted to run, get away from this horrible news, or better yet just wake up to find out this is just some horrible nightmare!  I couldn't run away or wake up, this was it.  My daddy, the best daddy in the world was gone.  Somehow I managed to call Chris to tell him  and he was already on his way.  The next week would be the hardest days if my life.  This past week I have cried more than I ever have before.  As much as I have cried I have laughed too.  If you knew my daddy you know he loved to make people laugh.  He loved telling jokes and if daddy liked you he would pick on you.  Most people he knew had a nickname.  We've been completely blessed to be surrounded by friends and family during this time and over this past week I've heard so many stories of funny things my daddy did and ways he has helped people out.  Over the years I'm sure I will forget all these little memories so I dearly want to hold on to.  So here is my solution, I will begin documenting them here,  I am going to try to keep it updated with silly things daddy did or said and I hope that if you are reading this that you leave reading this with a smile and a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment